Tuesday 5 September 2023

Reward Of Hardwork


Nothing in this world is handed over to you. You have to go out and get it! Life will keep giving you the opportunity, it is up to us to do something with it. If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door, at least I follow this rule. When I dream something, I keep trying unless I succeed in that. Never settle for less. I always give attention to the opportunity, not to the struggle. One such prospect that I took with both hands open and just danced to it. 

One year of learning Kathak was a lifetime experience for me. I am a person whose toes just start dancing once the music is on. For me, dance is a conversation between body and soul. One of my biggest childhood dreams is finally fulfilled now. A day in a week where I am only me. I forget myself in those 2 hours. Now I look back and see how I was able to achieve despite facing so many ups and downs. Being a mother to managing house, festivals, family functions, and keeping people happy around you. When I joined my dance class, I was happy to see that most of the girls were married, having kids, and working in an IT company. Managing home and still being able to take time to give priority to their dream or hobby, which motivated me even more.

This year in January I took my theory exam for 1st year Kathak. Practicals took place in July this year. In Practicals (dance) our performance will be examined by the senior Guru from different locations of Kathak Academy. Our Jury was from Chennai. He comes from one of the most renowned gharana of Kathak. Very disciplined and down-to-earth person, who runs a huge academy in dance and music in Chennai along with his wife, who is also a renowned and famous Kathak dancer. We all were a bit apprehensive knowing to be performing in front of the most esteemed artists and gurus. We all were well prepared and tried our best in our practical exam which went on smoothly. 

Now the wait was for the result which was supposed to come after 2 months of our practical exam. It was supposed to come in the last week of August or the first week of September. After our exam, we had our regular classes which are now upgraded to, one level high form of taal, rhythm, and bol (Notation). On the 3rd of September, we were told that we would be getting our results. A proper marksheet with marks on Theory and practicals which was for 150 marks. I and R had been to my mom's house on the day my result was announced. I got a message from my institute to collect our Marksheet. Since N was traveling on a business trip, I had to come back to my house and go to the institute to collect the results. 

I was so excited, anxious, and nervous all feeling at the same time, rushed with my son to my dance institute. Since our institute closes at 6.30 pm I somehow managed to reach by 6 pm and asked for my result. It was handed over to our co-ordinator. I greeted her and asked for my marksheet. R was equally apprehensive to know his mommy's result. There you go, the moment I saw the mark sheet I was flying. Yes, I passed with distinction, with the best marks. There were no boundaries to my happiness, tears just rolled down my eyes. All these years of struggle, and sacrifices everything just flashed back in front of my eyes. I was jumping in joy and so was R. I was so proud to receive the result from one of the most prestigious schools in India. "Prayag Sangeet Samiti Allahabad", where my name is printed with wonderful marks. I couldn't take my eye from seeing it again and again. I thanked almighty innumerable times, and couldn't wait to share the same with my family and especially N who supported me the most in fulfilling this dream. 

I and R reached home and the first thing I did was to keep my result in our pooja room and thank all mighty for giving me this happiness and the ability to achieve and fulfill it. Since N was supposed to reach home at night, I waited for him to give me this good news. I called my mom and shared this good news with a loud voice crying and laughing, All at home were equally elevated and happy to know about my result. All congratulated me. My mom especially had no boundaries for her happiness. Later I and R ordered food from our favorite restaurant as he wanted a party from his mom and we both had a hearty meal. N was back home in the night, I rushed to him with some sweets in one hand and my result in the other. He was confused to see me like this. I showed him the result he was up in joy and said We are proud of you. That made my heart light and calm which was on a marathon since I saw my result. We all had sweets and went back to our room and had a good night's sleep with a heart full of joy and gratitude. 

When you find a dream in your mind don't ever let it go wasted but put it inside your heart and start working on it. Because dreams are the seeds from which a beautiful tomorrow grows. Bring into play the almighty power within you, so that at this stage of life you can fulfill your high-destined role. 

This is just one of the first steps of my amazing journey and I am going to add many more feathers to my cap, which I will wear and hop up on the floor and twirl around........


1 comment:

  1. बहुत बहुत बधाई हो बेटा भगवान् तुम्हारी सारी कामनाएँ पूरी करे ।हमेशा माँ अपने सपनोंको अपने बच्चों में साकार होते हुए बहुत खुश होती हैं ।हमेशा खुश रहो आबाद रहो आगे बढ़ो।

    ReplyDelete